Published 2019-07-25 08:19:55
This ad has been archived
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Technician for our team in Sheffield. This role will involve working 12 hour shifts on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician Role:
Joining our team, the Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for delivering the Planned Maintenance (PM) schedules as defined by the site maintenance plans, working to a high standard and in a cost-effective manner. The Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) will also be responsible for planning, organising and undertaking corrective and reactive work and be responsible for delivering improvement projects leading to increased plant reliability and cost reduction. Duties include:
• Ensure that all plant and equipment on sites is modified and improved, as necessary, to maximise equipment availability and performance
• Complete dynamic risk assessments where necessary to ensure that safe working practices are upheld
• Be aware of stock control and maintain shift paperwork to the highest standard, to complete condition reports and other documentation as defined by the maintenance strategy
• Undertake assessments of malfunctioning equipment and provide advice to the site management team to assist and influence decision making
• Undertake engineering project work and assist with new installations or refurbishments
• Update and administer the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Our ideal Mechanical Maintenance Technician will have:
• Completed apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) in appropriate engineering discipline
• HNC, City & Guilds or equivalent in a relevant discipline
• Process Fitting experience with fabrication / welding experience
• Experience working within a processing, manufacturing or similar environment
• Awareness of Environmental, Health & Safety regulations and their impacts
• Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office systems
• Good understanding of a proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring
• Knowledge of CMMS systems, purpose and functionality
• Electrical maintenance experience would be an advantage.
In return for your hard work as our Mechanical Maintenance Technician, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status.