Published 2018-11-09 06:30:54
About the role:
The main responsibility of the individual would be to ensure facility and building maintenance activities are executed to ensure the facilities function, meet company standards and safety expectations.
Safety And Security:
- Employees are responsible for their own safety and for the safety of their colleagues.
- Take an active role in all site safety programs and administer and comply with all company and statutory safety, operational and security rules and regulations.
- Supervise the safety and loss prevention aspects of all work activities taking place in Operations controlled areas, during the shift period.
- Issue and control all safety work permits to the standard required in Worldwide Operations and Distribution Manual.
- Provide safety induction training to visitors/contractor attending site.
- Report, and where possible, eliminate all potential hazards either on a continuous basis or through the opportunity for injury process.
- Regularly participate in site and operations safety meetings to ensure all safety related issues are identified, discussed, understood and then successfully resolved.
- Maintain company rules for discipline, punctuality absenteeism, etc.
- Maintain good housekeeping and tidiness in the facility.
- At all-time wear appropriate PPE.
Ensure the following activities on site are managed directly or via contractors where necessary:
- Grass cutting/ Weed killing/ Landscaping
- Janitorial/ Housekeeping
- Minor plumbing issues
- Utilities / Oil inventory on site
- Forklifting goods received.
- Movement of spares on site
- Troubleshooting minor mechanical issues with buildings and facility
- Supervision of contractors
- Buildings maintenance
Trouble-shooting and maintenance:
- Provide technical, operational and trouble-shooting assistance at the facility, as and when required.
- Provide minor project supervision, spares control via RMS. Carry out an assessment of PM activities and make recommendation, with a view to strive towards continual improvement.
What you will need:
- Similar position held or other suitable experience
- Ability to travel occasionally to satellite plants located in the south of England
- Occasional overtime available for specific project cover
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay rate
- Immediate Start
- Part time hours ensuing flexibility
- Long-term contract