Published 2018-11-06 19:33:38
This ad has been archived
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join one of the South Wests leading employers as a Water Treatment Technician for our team. You will be based at a site near Helston and a site near Penzance.
The Water Treatment Technician will operate water treatment sites and associated plant and equipment ensuring that potable water quality and quantity is kept within company standards. This role will require out of hours standby cover as part of the works’ operational rota to ensure sites are maintained out of hours. Duties include:
• Ensure that potable water quality and quantity is maintained within company standards having due regard to abstraction licences and the requirements of the distribution system.
• To liaise with the Hub Site Technicians in ensuring water quality and quantity is maintained out of hours and resolve site alarm issues.
• Ensure that all chemicals are stored, handled and used safely, effectively and economically, in line with company procedures.
• Carry out operational maintenance on equipment and instrumentation in accordance with work’s schedules and instructions.
• Take water quality samples and carry out on site analysis as required in accordance with works’ instructions.
• Complete water quality and operational procedures, records/log sheets.
• Perform routine and non-routine tasks in accordance with the operational requirements of sites.
• Ensure that all abnormal events are dealt with in accordance with company procedures and are reported to the Resources and Production Site Manager or the Duty Functional Manager out of hours.
The Ideal Water Treatment Technician:
• Experience in Water Treatment or other relevant process
• Use of computer systems for works such as SCADA.
• Proven influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to find creative solutions to problems
• Knowledge of water treatment processes, systems, legislation, policies and procedures.
• Use of computer systems for standard software packages and knowledge of portable data devices
• Understanding of principals of COSHH, Lone Working procedures and Basic First Aid.
• Experience of monitoring and control of abstraction and production volumes.
• Knowledge of calibration and validation of quality instrumentation.
• Energy use management, e.g load shedding.
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Water Treatment Technician, we can offer a Starting salary £20,000 - £21,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience. After successful completion of a training period, there is the potential to progress to £25,814 per annum based on the Water Treatment Progression Scheme.
We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment. This is an opportunity to join a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as a Water Treatment Technician, click apply today.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.