Published 2018-10-30 18:57:23
This ad has been archived
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Shift Technician to join our team in Ardley, working 42.5 hours per week.
The Shift Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant from within a central control room and out in the field on a 24-hour shift rotation. As part of a team, your duties will include plant and equipment operation and process changes to optimise process performance within health, safety and environmental compliance. Duties include:
• DCS operation and alarm Handling
• Continuous personal development within the organisation to achieve a higher potential.
• Diagnose and rectify plant faults.
• Carry out routine tasks and testing of plant equipment.
• Monitor consumable stock levels and supervise bulk deliveries and loading.
• Direction of people on outside plant and communication i.e. dealing with telephone calls in accordance with the ERF procedure.
• Assist with all shutdown activities within the plant ensuring plant downtime is minimized
The ideal Shift Technician:
• Mechanical / Electrical / Plant maintenance experience
• Understanding of safe systems of work i.e. plant isolations and safety systems
• Understanding of HSE legislation relevant to EFW plants
• Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
• Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
• Hold a Safety qualification, preferably IOSH or NEBOSH
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Shift Technician, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
• A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
• A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
• Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
• Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.