Published 2018-10-13 03:02:03
This ad has been archived
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Deputy Shift Superivosr for our team in Skelmersdale, working 51.5 hours across the following shift pattern: 12 hours / 3 days / 3 nights and 3 rest days
Shift Supervisor Role:
Joining our team, the Deputy Shift Supervisor will manage the day to day operations at Viridor Polymer Recycling, ensuring at all times that the site operates to the maximum process efficiency in accordance with any relevant legislation. Duties include:
• Working alongside the supervisor to manage and motivate site operatives to ensure that site operational Key Performance targets are met.
• Cover the Shift Supervisor when absent
• Be a role model on shift in terms of performance in job, PPE compliance etc.
• Hold others on Shift to your standards.
• Be a positive agent for change on shift. With Supervisor drive through improvements on Shift in a timely manner.
• Remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you
• Adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures
The ideal Deputy Shift Supervisor:
• Knowledge of go knowledge of different polymers types.
• Awareness of non-compliant waste.
• Knowledge of safety protocol, manufacturing industry practices, and also any environmental issues
• Extensive experience working within a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of management systems (ISO 9001 / 14001 /18001)
• Ability to meet challenging targets
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Deputy Shift Supervisor, we can offer a Competitive salary, dependent upon experience, plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of other benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.