Published 2018-10-12 15:57:55
This ad has been archived
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Shift Supervisor for our team in Skelmersdale, working across the following shift pattern: 12 hours / 3 days / 3 nights and 3 rest days
Shift Supervisor Role:
Joining our team, the Shift Supervisor will manage the day to day operations at Viridor Polymer Recycling, ensuring at all times that the site operates to the maximum process efficiency in accordance with legislation, environmental obligations and in a safe and healthy manner. Duties include:
• Manage and motivate site operatives to ensure that site operational Key Performance targets are met.
• Efficiently control labour through management of holidays and absence ensuring site has no issues
• Review Shift capabilities and determine any necessary deficiencies in skills and / or training.
• Regularly walk the factory ensuring Team are all doing what they should safely and efficiently.
• Regularly brief shift on site and Company performance.
• Be a champion for change on site.
• Regularly review shift performance with Team and look for areas for improvement by engaging Team get Shift performance consistently improving.
• Carry out annual and timely Performance Appraisal Reviews (PARs)
The ideal Shift Supervisor:
• Knowledge of good manufacturing practice
• Direct Management of Team of at least 10
• Knowledge of site licence requirements
• Extensive experience working within a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of management systems (ISO 9001 / 14001 /18001)
• Ability to meet challenging targets
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Shift Supervisor, we can offer a Competitive salary, dependent upon experience, plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of other benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.