Published 2018-10-04 13:34:57
About the role:
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Manager and his peers to embed Commercial Corporate Policies and Governance
- Assist Commercial Manager in ensuring consistency and best practice ways of working across the business unit to achieve continuous improvement.
- Develop robust and trusting relationship with Project Managers
- Coach respective Operational personnel in relation to the Contract, Contract Administration, Contract Risk, Procurement, Cost and Value Reconciliation, Forecasting and Contract Profitability.
- Proactively train key personnel in methods to increase overall profitability.
- Work alongside other key internal customers i.e. Sales, Estimating, Project Delivery and Accountants.
- Build robust and trusting relationships with Clients.
- Within this relationship embed adequate change management controls and mechanisms, accurate forecasts and a sufficient level of contract administration in accordance with the terms of the Clients Contract(s).
- Ensure agreements on route for payment, hold open and honest conversations with regards to Early Warnings , other notices, Variations and claims.
- Review, understand and communicate Contract requirements to the Delivery Team.
- Manage the CVR and Forecast Process and Submit to Commercial Manager.
- Prior to CVR submission ensure a full CVR meeting lead by the Project Manager, takes place.
- Work with Project Managers to implement, analyse and report on labour productivity i.e. Planned v Earned Value, in line with man hours to complete
- Ensure effective change control process and management of, is embedded within the relevant projects you are responsible for.
- Ensure Sub-Contract arrangements are put in place when required using the NEC suite of Contract Documents, either Short or Full Forms of Contract or other forms to suite the main contract and as agreed with Commercial Manager.
- Ensure correct administrative processes are put in place for management of these Sub-Contracts paying particular attention to change controls, early warning, compensation events, changes to scope of works and payment.
- Develop and manage the risk and opportunities register.
- Support Project Manager in resolving commercial issues with the Client and implement strategies to avoid litigation/claims.
- Proactively support the Project Review Process and attend the Operational Performance Review (OPR).
- In the event of a claim, escalate to the Commercial Manager and work collaboratively with Legal to minimise company exposure.
- Submit CVR in a format to enable Commercial Manager to be able to utilise data for cost forecasts, revenue and gross margin assumptions/submissions.
- Provide robust and accurate CVR data to feed into quarterly schedule 2 forecasts as per the timetable.
- Ensure all procurement and governance processes are adhered to within the designated projects.
- Ensure correct levels of authority are applied to SMR’s for the procurement of goods, services, consumables and sub-contracts.
- At project validation review work with the project team to prepare a procurement plan.
- Use procurement plan to interact with Commercial Manager and Procurement Manager to agree forms of contract and procurement activities to leverage best outcome for the business.
- Submittal of all signed client agreements to Legal
- Cost Valuation Reconciliation (CVR) – Monthly Outputs
- Validated Project Plan and Commercial Baseline
- Cost and Value Forecast and Reconciliation
- Change Control
- Sub-Contract Administration
- Risk & Opportunities Register
- Applications & Certification
- Signed Sub-Contract Agreements
- Sign Subcontract Payment Certification
- Other by agreement (specific outputs required by localised operations management team)
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Construction Management / Quantity Surveying or similar and be a Member or working towards Membership of a relevant Institute (e.g. RICS).
- Proven ability of commercial management and contract administration within the Infrastructure / Highways / Water / Restoration sectors alongside proven ability of administrating NEC ECC contracts or similar and Commercial Management of Target Cost Contracts.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Contract Administration and understanding of how to apply the contract.
- Good knowledge of NEC forms of contract
- Previous experience in an engineering consultancy
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work for a global engineering company on a portfolio of high-profile multi-billion projects
- Competitive Rates / Salaries
- Long term contracts or permanent opportunities