Published 2018-10-04 00:56:38
This ad has been archived
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Assistant Collections Business Manager for our team in Taunton.
Assistant Collections Business Manager Role:
Joining our team, the Assistant Collections Business Manager will competently Manage, with the aid of the transport team, the day to day operation of the Taunton collection operations, ensuring that all Health and Safety, Road Transport, Environmental, Employment and other applicable legislation is adhered to. Duties include:
• Lead the planning and control of the fleet operations ensuring the co-operation and coordination of all required activities to maximise efficiencies and profitability.
• Allocate and control vehicles including subcontractors efficiently to meet the operational requirements and ensure that the level of resources are adequate to meet day to day requirements.
• Ensure, through constant review, a cost effective, quality service is carried out identifying opportunities for business growth.
• Be available and on call for all emergencies relevant to this role, as directed by the CBM
• Understanding of budgets, maximising revenue, controlling costs, forecasting and variance explanation
Our ideal Assistant Collections Business Manager will have:
• A proven track record of managing a Logistic operation successfully and controlling fleet operations
• Previous experience of customer experience management and strategy.
• Proven track record of delivering commercial targets
• Excellent working knowledge of the waste and recycling market within the specified geographical area.
• Experience of preparing budgets, forecasts and month end reports
• Proven ability to working within timescales and meeting deadlines
• Good routing, logistic, administrative and clerical skills in a transport or related environment
• Full CPC National for road transport, IOSH managing safely or equivalent, Full driving licence.
• Degree level or equivalent qualification
In return for your hard work as our Assistant Collections Business Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus company car and excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.