Published 2018-10-03 04:03:41
This ad has been archived
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Driver for our team in Bolton, working 39 hours a week. This role is a Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2019.
LGV Driver Responsibilities include:
Joining our team, the LGV Driver will drive and operate up to class two LGVs and equipment to transport recycling and waste, in some cases hazardous, to Viridor and third party sites whilst complying to Transport legislation, along with adhering to Health and safety and environmental requirements and legislation in accordance with Viridor’ s BSI accredited standards. Duties include:
• Ensuring the Near Miss Pad is carried at all times and is used to identify any risk to yourself or others and ensure that all Near Misses are reported as soon as reasonably practicable.
• Ensuring security of vehicles & equipment at all times
• Ensuring completion of satisfactory daily records and all associated drivers paperwork.
• Ensuring safety is a priority for yourself and other people, vehicles, equipment, and plant
The ideal Driver:
• LGV Class 2 driving licence
• Knowledge of waste industry operations relating to LGV work
• Good geographic knowledge of the area serviced by the Logistics Unit
• Driver CPC card holder
• SDI - knowledge and skills of pre shift vehicle check procedures and practise
• Experience of driving LGV vehicles in a commercial environment
In return for your hard work as our LGV Driver, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
• A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
• A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
• Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
• Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Class 2 LGV Driver.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.