Published 2018-09-04 18:30:30
This ad has been archived
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 07:30 - 16:30 and Friday 07:30 - 12:00
Pay rate is £11.50 per hour and there is an attendance bonus added if you complete a full week - taking the rate up to £12.02 per hour.
This role requires a time served individual, with good engineering drawing interpretation skills who has experience in vertical machining.
- Knowledge of a similar working environment associated with working machinery.
- Reading and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Variety of experience in general / jobbing engineering workshops
To manufacture / machine one off to small batches of various sized products using various types of materials, from engineering drawings with minimum supervision.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To work with minimum supervision using own initiative.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Be capable of setting up jobs of various sizes.
- Overtime working may be required and you must have a positive attitude toward this, especially if involving short notice.
- Be responsible for the tidiness and control of your own working area.
- Be responsible for the control of measuring equipment, ensure that damage preventive measures are used at all times.
- Be responsible for reporting all accidents and ensuring these are highlighted as per the written procedure.
- Be responsible for communicating to the machine shop supervision any slippages associated with the work being carried out.
- Be responsible for completing the inspection of the individual items as per the specified requirement.
- Be responsible for checking / inspecting other employees work.
- Be self motivated at all times.
- Ensure that you are aware of and work to procedures and work instructions within the quality system.
Please forward your CV if interested.