Published 2018-07-11 20:49:36
This ad has been archived
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000, depending on experience
Are you an experienced Project Engineer looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Project Engineer for our team in Taunton, working 37.5 hours a week. This role will include national travel across our portfolio. This is a 12 month contract.
The Project Engineer role:
This role is to provide project management and delivery assurance to the business, enabling it to meet its operational and long-term objectives. To ensure that projects are delivered according to best practice project management techniques and standards appropriate to the scale and type of projects and delivered to the identified business benefits. Projects are to be delivered in accordance with all technical, health, safety, environmental, quality and security requirements and that they comply with legislative, statutory financial and company requirements. Responsibilities include:
• Personally own, work towards and support the development of a positive safety culture across the business.
• Create and deliver project work plans that focus on adding value to the business providing full lifecycle effectiveness. Manage day to day operational aspects of the project(s), in terms of cost, timing and schedule.
• Review and update the projects framework and governance requirements ensuring processes, policies and procedures are in place, maintained, audited and aligned with the other functions. Ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
• Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s), building an overall approach that will drive continuous improvement.
• Monitor, manage, control and report on project spend on designated projects/sites on a continuous basis, ensuring that project spend is within agreed company financial model and authorisation limits.
• Ensure that designated projects are undertaken in accordance with requisite licenses, permits, consents and other legal requirements.
• Ensure that projects are undertaken in accordance with H&S legislation and encompassing all applicable elements of legislation affecting the project.
The ideal Project Engineer:
• Degree (or equivalent qualification) in Engineering
• Demonstrable work experience of delivery of projects to cost, quality and time parameters in waste management or related engineering field
• Proven experience of translating business analysis, requirements definition and business case production into practical implementation
• Proven experience of construction, commissioning and operational handover
• Strong commercial knowledge of project procurement, NEC3 and IChemE forms of contracting
• Good understanding of Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and handover to Operations process, including applicable legislation and an understanding of UK contractor market
• Sound working knowledge of CDM regulations
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and build strong relationships at all levels.
In return for your hard work as a Project Engineer, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Project Engineer.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.