Published 2018-07-10 07:26:30
This ad has been archived
• Are you ready to take the next steps in your career in a business where you can truly make a difference?
• Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas?
If the answer is YES, Welcome to Bosch.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to expand our team through the recruitment of a Test and Validation Engineer.
What distinguishes you as our ideal Test and Validation Engineer?
As our ideal Validation Engineer, you will have a Master (or Bachelor) degree in computer science and have a proven track record of experience in product management or product owner in SW product development. You will ideally have experience of embedded software development and also:
• Knowledge of MS DOS commands and implementation.
• Knowledge of VMWARE and Virtual Box applications tools
• Knowledge or previous experience of Microsoft Windows Platforms
• Knowledge or previous experience of Microsoft Windows Servers 32/64bit, and configurations
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the various SQL database software applications
• Understanding of Windows background services
• Basic knowledge and understanding of Windows networking (TCP/IP and DHCP)
• Knowledge and understanding of vehicle diagnostics
• Knowledge and understanding of electrical drawings and schematics.
• Ability to fault find and debug issues raised
• Ability to be able to create test validation plans
• Knowledge of various vehicle communications networks (CAN, DoIP)
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the various SQL database software applications (i.e. Microsoft SQL studio manager 2005, 2012 and 2014)
• An in-depth understanding of OEM requirements and diagnostics of ECU configurations (example: ECU Software Download, Configuration)
• XML file knowledge.
• Working knowledge of JIRA
• Knowledge of using the vehicle model VSI simulator tool.
• VCATS Knowledge
• Use of VCATS applications (In-house monitor tools) and open source WireShark applications
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as one of our Test and Validation Engineers, you will create, deploy and test VCATS releases to test/validation environments. Daily responsibilities will also include:
• Installation (using Install shield release candidate and WIX software delivery suits) for new Windows based Test Cell and Server based platforms
• Set-up of new Windows VCATS server platforms. (Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2 , Windows Server 2012)
• Set-up of new Windows VCATS specific Test Cell platforms (PC & IFLEX STD, IFLEX+, IVIEW ULTRA, and PC & SWIFT) based devices
• Installation of new SQL software applications and database platforms on a plant specific server
• Set-up plant specific networks (Tester/Server) for validation testing
• Setup, test and validate server plant management web based tools (QBay and SiteBay plus additional web deployment mechanisms)
• Run SQL script (Stored procedures and Schema upgrades) queries against the VCATS databases
• Set-up (using CAN data exports) new VSI simulations models using the VSI simulator tool
• Create / update validation test documentation. Manage tasks using JIRA
• Perform QA and Production Release reviews
Why work for Bosch?
At Bosch, we encourage our associates to be individuals and see diversity as an asset. In return for your hard work as our Validation Engineer, you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
• Flexible worktime options
• Dedicated learning and development
• Childcare offers
• Medical services
• Employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities
• Free on-site parking & access to local public transport
• Subsidised catering facilities
• Showers and cycle lock-ups
• Modern offices that offer room for creativity
If you want the chance to help shape future vehicle standard, we want to hear from you.
Make It Happen. Apply now for the role of Validation Engineer!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.