Published 2018-06-27 07:51:19
This ad has been archived
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our apprenticeships provide relevant, hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for individuals who are determined to make their mark and proud about where they work.
Due to continued success and growth, we are looking to recruit a HR Apprentice to join our team in Chester.
About the role
Joining our HR team as a HR Apprentice, you will contribute towards ensuring we hire, develop and support the employees at the heart of the Tarmac business, by making sure the right people, with the right experience and skills, are in the right jobs. You’ll learn how to support the core business in the delivery of generalist and specialist HR services.
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Apprentice you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated. You will be able to work independently as well as part of a team and have the following skills / experience:
• A passion for health and safety
• Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Numeracy and analytical ability
• Creativity and imagination
• Teamwork ethos and organisational ability
• Ready to rise to new challenges
• IT skills
• Drive and ambition to succeed
What will you be doing?
Youll begin a comprehensive development programme designed to kick start your successful career in HR. A combination of practical, on the job experience and theory will combine to give you an overview of best professional practice, Resourcing and Talent Planning, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Reward & Recognition and Learning & Development.
As our HR apprentice you will :
• Spend part of your programme as part of a team providing first line HR support to colleagues across the business
• Spend part of your programme as a member of the National Resourcing Team to provide comprehensive support to the business in all resourcing related issues
• You will be given the flexibility to bring new ideas to the table with guidance and support on hand as required.
• Your initiative, flexibility and communication skills will be strengthened by different challenges every day
What training & support will you get?
You will be provided with the opportunity to complete a fully certified Apprenticeship in the Human Resources field.
During the scheme you’ll have a manager who is responsible for the design and delivery of your learning with input from yourself. You will have a team of HR practitioners who are there to support and guide you, sharing their knowledge and expertise. Networking with other apprentice or graduate from your scheme will also be encouraged.
For the duration of your apprenticeship you’ll not only complete the qualification but also have opportunities to complete additional learning. These will vary from behavioural skills training to technical skills training.
Minimum candidate requirements and skills
Entry to our apprenticeship scheme will involve a selection test.
There is an opportunity for the successful Apprentice to progress onto further qualifications at the end of the initial scheme, therefore it is preferred that entrants have five GCSEs or Scottish equivalent (A*- C) including English and Maths. Other equivalent qualifications may be accepted.
You will need a high level of dedication and commitment to learning.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career
development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Human Resources Apprentice you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
• Bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
• Training and development opportunities
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of HR Apprentice, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.