Published 2018-06-22 23:03:33
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Project and Asset Accountant for our Viridor House team in Taunton.
Project and Asset Accountant Role:
Joining our team, the Project and Asset Accountant will proactively assist the Senior Project and Asset Accountant to achieve Team targets and objectives and help promote continuous improvement in people, processes and systems. You will provide timely and accurate reporting to internal customers and external stakeholders and produce accurate, timely and insightful management information, focusing maintaining and controlling the fixed asset register. Duties include:
• Responsible for data input and integrity of RAM (Real Asset Management), effectively Viridor’s fixed asset register.
• Monthly reconciliation of RAM and the relevant general ledger codes on the balance sheet.
• Monthly processing and integrity of the depreciation journals
• Analyse RAM to determine differences in expected asset patterns by operational segment.
• Ensure quarterly site/ cost centre asset registers are compiled and reviewed.
• Ability to identify continuous improvement initiatives and develop our fixed asset reporting in line with changing business needs
• Provide financial information to both Internal and External Audit as and when required.
Our ideal Project and Asset Accountant will have:
• Fixed Asset experience
• Formal accounting qualification
• Managing Internal Customers and developing strong working relationships
• Strong system experience. Including intermediate to advance Excel skills
• Strong commercial awareness
In return for your hard work as our Project and Asset Accountant, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Project and Asset Accountant.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.