Published 2018-06-08 03:10:45
This ad has been archived
Helston Garages Group are recruiting for a capable individual to be based at their accounts department based in Indian Queens, Mid-Cornwall which serves the Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda dealerships in Cornwall.
What can we offer you?
• 30 hours per week
• £12500 - £13500 (depending on experience). This is based on a full-time salary of between £16666 - £18000
• Workplace pension
• Employee Discounts
• Death In Service
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is seeking a permanent position, working as part of a team, with variety and responsibility within a friendly environment, reporting directly to the Divisional Franchise Accountant. They will be working directly with the Management teams so as to ensure that the assets of the business are managed in their most efficient and effective manner and to implement systems and procedures that comply with both current legislation and Group policy.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Responsibilities:
• Process 3rd party supplier invoices by scanning and entering invoice information into Kerridge, ensuring accuracy of details entered.
• Correctly coding of all 3rd party supplier invoices by obtaining appropriate dealerships codes, department and general ledger code from chart of accounts.
• Monthly Supplier statement reconciliations - requesting copies when required.
• Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger.
• Dealing with supplier queries quickly and efficiently.
• Keeping all filing up to date.
• Scanning of all invoices required for the finance team.
• Scanning of Expenses Forms required for payroll.
• Daily Opening of the post
• Provide occasional cover for other accounts staff members
• Daily printing of all invoices from VW online systems
• Maintain clear and concise accounting records ensuring that at all times they comply with current legislation and Group policies.
• Advise the Franchise Accountant and/or other Directors/Senior Managers of any known financial risk to the business.
• Ensure that all systems and procedures in place within the business comply with current legislation and Group policy.
The ideal Purchase Ledger Clerk will have:
• Previous experience working in a purchase ledger role including extensive experience of coding invoices and understanding of a chart of accounts, is essential.
• Kerridge experience beneficial but not essential.
• Attention to detail.
• Showing enthusiasm and motivation
• Computer Literacy, strong administration and time management.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be a confident communicator both verbal and written.
• Good team player
Helston Garages Group are one of the 25 largest dealer groups in Britain employing more than 1,100 staff across 37 franchise dealerships providing customers throughout Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset with high-quality new and used cars and vans generating a turnover in excess of £600 million and representing a range of franchises including VW, Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover and Skoda. The company is privately, family owned and is very proud of their history, determined to retain the principles of honest dealing, customer service and staff welfare that are responsible for nearly 60 years of success.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the top 25 dealer groups in the UK. If you feel you have the skills, aptitude and attitude to be our Purchase Ledger Clerk, then please click ’apply’.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.