Published 2018-06-06 07:37:41
This ad has been archived
Working for an established engineering firm you must have experience in the Engineering industry be able to understand engineering drawings, using CAD, and be able to use computers.
Assisting the general manager you will be responsible for contract organisation and controlling material, purchasing, documentation and estimating.
Training will be provided but ideally you will be able to hit the ground running and have outstanding organisation skills.
Key tasks and responsibilities
1. Responsible for assisting the MD / General Manager in controlling / organising of contracts
2. Responsible for compiling communications to suppliers to establish costs of materials
3. Reading / interpretation of drawings in terms of understanding clients requirements - assisted by
the MD / General Manager
4. On establishing prices for materials, generating and placing orders with suppliers
5. Progress chase status of orders with suppliers, highlighting instances of late delivery
6. Generate drawings on CAD system as and when requested
7. Use of software (Word / Spreadsheets) when required
Starting salary will be between 25 - 30 k per annum hours of work 7.30 am - 16.30 pm Monday to Thursday, 7.30 am - 15.00 pm Friday
Please forward your CV in the first instance.