Published 2018-06-06 07:19:10
This ad has been archived
At Perrys Huddersfield, we are seeking a talented Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our team. This role is offered on a maternity contract basis.
Reporting in to the Dealership Accountant the successful Purchase Ledger Clerk will be responsible for ensuring that all administration activities relating to purchase ledger are executed in line with company policies and procedures. Your responsibilities will also include:
• Matching, checking and coding invoices
• Working out VAT payments
• Making payments via BACS and cheques
• Processing staff expenses
• Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
• Reconciliation of supplier statements
• Filing invoices
• Managing petty cash
• Data entry
• Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
• Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers
• Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
The ideal Purchase Ledger Clerk will have:
• Excellent communication skills for dealing with suppliers and internal managers
• A basic knowledge of Excel
• Good accounting knowledge
• A proven track record of reconciling difficult supplier accounts and dealing with volumes
• Exceptional accuracy and excellent attention to detail
• The ability to work under pressure and with a heavy workload
• The courage to challenge the status quote and seek to implement improvements to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
• Experience of working in the motor industry and using Pinnacle software, although this is not essential.
If you are looking to join a company that can offer excellent rewards, then you need to apply for the role of Purchase Ledger Clerk now.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.