Published 2018-05-28 21:53:59
This ad has been archived
Knowledge of a similar working environment associated with working machinery
Reading and interpretation of Engineering drawings
Variety of experience in general / jobbing engineering workshop
Job Summary ( Description of main purpose of role )
To manufacture / machine 1 off to small batches of various sized products using various types of
materials, from engineering drawings with the minimum of supervision
Key tasks and responsibilities
1. To work with the minimum of supervision using own initiative
2. Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
3. Be capable of setting up jobs of various sizes
4. Overtime working may be required, positive attitude to this, especially when involving short notice
5. Be responsible for the tidiness and control of your own working area
6. Be responsible for the control of measuring equipment, ensuring that damage preventive measures
are used at all times
7. Be responsible for reporting all accidents and ensuring these are highlighted as per
the written procedure
8. Be responsible for communicating to the machine shop supervision any slippages associated
with the work being carried out
9. Be responsible for completing the inspection of the individual items as per the specified
10. Be responsible for checking / inspecting other employees work
11. Be self motivated at all times
12. Ensure that you are aware of and work to procedures and work instructions within the quality
Hours are 7.00am - 4.30 pm Monday to Friday, early finish on a Friday.
Pay starting at £11.00 per hour.
Potential for temporary to permanent after a trial period.
Please send your details in the first instance.