Published 2018-05-24 01:39:43
This ad has been archived
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Recycling Operative for our team in Taunton, working 40 hours a week.
Recycling Operative Responsibilities include:
Undertake duties within the site recycling operation, as required or directed. This will include but not limited to, picking activity, bale trimming, general cleaning, quality control operations, traffic coordination, basic maintenance activity such as clearance of blockages whilst the plant is shut down. on daily basis, this will involve:
• Understand the production process and communicate any defects or issues to supervision, or maintenance teams.
• Assist in the grading and loading of recyclate materials prior to dispatch to end processors when required.
• Undertake sampling and analysis of waste materials as required.
The ideal Recycling Operative:
• An awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace.
• Ideally, general knowledge of waste recycling.
• Basic knowledge of construction works and site maintenance e.g. minor repairs to sites.
• Understanding of the methods and reasons for segregating waste for recycling
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Recycling Operative, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
• A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
• A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
• Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
• Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Recycling Operative.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.