Published 2018-02-03 07:20:17
This ad has been archived
The Senior Early Child Practitioner role is responsible for leading the planning, delivery and evaluation of a range of activities, taking place at various sites, ensuring the best possible progress and outcomes for all children.
The post holder will also line manage a small team of Early Childhood Practitioners who work in partnership with parents and carers to involve them in their child’s learning including support for the home learning environment.
The successful applicants will have:
- A relevant degree level qualification; or a professional qualification of an equivalent level in education, health or social care, preferably Early Years Teacher status.
- Substantial successful experience of working within an Early Years setting in a diverse community, including with children from birth to three.
- Substantial experience of working in partnership with families and a range of professionals.
- Experience of supervising or managing staff.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet needs of the service including occasional evenings and weekends.
This role will include travelling and working across a number of different sites on a day –to- day
Primary Job Funstion:
1. This post is responsible for leading the development and delivery of high quality home and community based learning opportunities, ensuring the provision of a nurturing environment that promotes children’s emotional stability, independence, autonomy and creativity.
2. Identify children in need of additional support to meet age-related outcomes and support the implementation of a range of intervention and support strategies including signposting effectively to partners.
3. Contribute to the line management arrangements of early childhood practitioners including one-to-one supervision and appraisal of not more than 6 FTE staff members (although open to negotiation); and day-to-day co-ordination of staff in a dedicated area.
4. To contribute to improving outcomes for children by working with parents and colleagues to improve the quality of the home learning environment, particularly for children 0-3.
We offer excellent rates of pay and a wonderful and rewarding working environments in some lovely Nurseries and Children Centres across London.
To arrange a visit or discuss further any of the above posts please contact Keith @ LCJ Education ASAP.