Published 2018-01-13 01:44:21
This ad has been archived
The role is varied and involves working with purchasing, subcontractors and production departments to deliver high-quality engineered products to all the major players in their respective global industries.
• Ensure that all products are designed to be fit-for-purpose in accordance with customer requirements, company practice and recognized engineering standards.
• Attending contract review meetings (CR2CR3).
• Accountability for supply drawing approval.
• Participation in research and development projects.
• To provide support to production, including troubleshooting and problem solving any electrical issues.
• Assisting in new product development including developing the appropriate design, testing and pre-production plans for all product developments and new model introductions.
• Holding non-conformance reviews.
• Striving for standardisation across electrical engineering functions by introducing best practices.
• Conducting internal electrical approvals.
• Responsibility for new product approval and reviews.
• Attending management meetings to update other management/departments and problem solve any issues that may arise.
• Ensure all procedures are documented, adhered to and audited regularly to ensure compliance with accredited bodies.
• Good working knowledge of Solidworks (FEA functions desirable but not essential) or AutoCAD (3D) and excellent IT skills.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Educated to HNC / HND standard or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
• Proven and successful experience of managing design projects of different types with a proactive-problem solving attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• £30,000 - £40,000 basic salary dependent on experience
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV to