Published 2017-11-14 01:38:46
This ad has been archived
Established in 1907, Meech International has a worldwide reputation in the development of electrostatic control equipment, compressed air technology and surface cleaning systems. Meech prides itself on unparalleled technical application knowledge and customer service.
Due to continuing business requirements, Meech are now looking to recruit an experienced Electronics Design / Development Engineer to join our engineering team, to be based at our head office site in Witney.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the engineering team, the successful Electronics Design / Development Engineer will contribute to the design and development of electronics for new and/or redesigned components and products across the Meech range. Your responsibilities will include:
• Ongoing development work on electronics for various R&D projects involving the design for manufacture of various new parts, redesigning existing components, producing prototype parts for testing, testing new and redesigned components.
• Development of new PIC Software and modification of existing software in Assembler language.
• Ongoing liaison with suppliers and manufacturers regarding components ordered, providing feedback, letting them know if there are problems or what works well, organising any necessary returns, chasing orders and visiting suppliers when required.
• Liaison with production staff to address problems.
• Keeping other personnel informed of progress on R&D projects.
• Any other duties or responsibilities that may reasonably be required from time to time.
Who are we looking for?
The successful Electronics Design / Development Engineer, will have a proven background in electronic engineering, ideally within SME manufacturing environment, alongside good project management skills. You will also possess:
• Good knowledge of PCB layouts and Gerber files is desirable.
• Good knowledge and familiarity of programming Microchip PIC devices.
• Good organisation and communication skills, coupled with a flexible and cooperative approach.
• Excellent understanding and experience of programming in C or Assembler required.
• Experience in ethernet/usbBluetooth and other comms using chipsets would be desirable
• Experience of TCP/IP layout and networking desirable.
In return for your hard work, this role offers a huge range of benefits including:
• Good working environment
• Competitive salary
• Annual discretionary profit share bonus
• Health insurance
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this role, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest in the role of Electronics Design / Development Engineer.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.