Published 2017-10-19 23:40:35
The inventors of VNC screen sharing technology are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join a new automotive division within their growing business. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, and is looking for an experienced engineer who has knowledge of embedded software development to step in and take a proactive role within the company, helping grow this new branch of the business. With experience stretching back 15 years, the company’s core technology can now be found in more than 1 billion applications worldwide.
Your work as an Embedded Software Engineer will revolve around the software that allows some of the world’s biggest mobile and automotive companies to embed VNC-based remote access and control technology in their products.
The ideal Embedded Software Engineer will have:
- A minimum 2:1 degree in Computer Science, or another relevant technical discipline
- Software development experience in any embedded operating system, including Linux, Windows CE, Windows Automotive, Android, QNX, µItron or Genivi Applied
- An understanding of networking, protocol design, compression, security, and multithreading
- The ability to work within a team, as well as autonomously, taking responsibility for your work
- Attractive package, commensurate with skills and experience
- Generous contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Private dental and medical care
- Healthy work/life balance (a 35 hour week is company policy!)
If you are an experienced Embedded Software Engineer in Cambridge, or excited to move to the beautiful city, please apply for feedback on your CV.
Keywords: Embedded, software, Linux, Windows, Android, C, C++