Published 2017-09-01 21:46:04
This ad has been archived
Trimline Limited is a Southampton-based business that has been providing services to the cruise and ferry, offshore, defence and super yacht sectors for nearly 50 years.?
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Graduate Trainee Surveyor to join our team.
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Graduate Trainee Surveyor, you will possess good planning, time management and prioritisation skills. With a results and detail-orientated approach, you will be able to work to deadlines and communicate effectively with others. Strong mathematical and analytical skills are essential, as is demonstrable experience in using IT systems including Microsoft Excel. As a minimum standard, you must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
• GCSE’s A - C in English, Mathematics and Science
• A Levels
• Or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Graduate Trainee Surveyor, you will work with supervision to contribute to the delivery of a variety of complex tasks related to the Project Surveyors of marine and interior outfitting projects. You will work on projects from initial enquiry, onsite survey, quotation development, review process, through to the project handover procedure and be expected to collaborate across different functions in a matrix organisation to ensure allocated tasks contribute to the overall project delivery requirements. Your responsibilities will also include:
• With supervision write basic project specifications
• Developing an understanding of marine interior construction methods and become confident in assessing labour requirements for specific tasks. .
• Attending quotation start-up meetings, bid reviews and project handovers
• Working collaboratively with the project execution team the commercial department
• Undertaking detailed surveys on-board vessels globally.
• Learning how to make survey notes and take measurements.
• Contributing to the planning processes for projects
• Contributing to the creation of quotations and the associate internal processes.
• Supporting the Project Surveyors during all tasks
• Contacting suppliers and negotiating prices for materials will be a skill you are required to develop.
Rewards & Hours
In return for your hard work as our Graduate Trainee Surveyor, you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary of £20,000 and a great range of benefits including a company pension and a cash healthcare plan.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Graduate Trainee Surveyor, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK’s leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.