Published 2017-08-03 14:54:43
We specialise in providing conference and banqueting, hospitality and food services to cultural, arts and exhibition locations throughout the country and we are proud of what we do.
£30,000 + Progression
Situated in the heart of Kent, we offer a versatile and unusual venue for events which include conferences, dinners, wedding receptions and family fun days.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Conference and Events Manager to oversee the vast array of events at this stunning venue. Events range from a dinner for 8 people through to weddings and large events for up to 300.
The Conference & Events Manager is expected to be very hands on and have strong managerial skills when managing a core team as well as casual staff. Ensuring you get the best out of each individual and each function runs smoothly at all times.
To work 5 out of 7 days, in line with business needs
Conference & Events Manager - Main Responsibilities
- Ensure that all hospitality services are delivered to the highest standards
- Managing a large team of casual at busy times
- Will be very hands on and assist the team
- Overseeing the function rooms and temporary spaces
- Ensure that all customer requirements are delivered in line with Client and Compass’ expectation
- Staff development including training and motivating staff
- Manage the labour budget
Conference & Events Manager - Role Requirements
- Must have an excellent knowledge and experience of working within the events and hospitality department
- Have managed large teams and large functions
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Proven experience in managing successful teams
- Excellent organisational skills
- Very flexible in regards to working hours
- Experience of leading and managing teams to deliver results
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and be able to multi- task
- Experience working with clients
- Understanding of P&L accounts
This is a amazing role with a exceptional people focused company if you want to be part of this team.
The successful applicant must have previous experience in C&E or C&B Operations in a Management role within a hospitality environment, be able to work flexible hours on a shift basis on any day of the week with an absolute commitment to the highest standards of customer service.